Hello IT member! Online shopping becomes popular broadly especially to new generation. Here are some tips to guide how to shop safely on the internet.
1. Check member status of advertisement: VIP, Member, Non Member; Higher status means higher reliability.
2. Search profiles of company such as name telephone and email on the Google.com
3. Check out company’s address and business registration. In case of no physical address, check online business registration of the company.
4. Ask for the office telephone number to confirm the physical address of online retailers and you might know where they are located.
5. Online money order is a great way for the first transition
6. Consider carefully whether you may be paying too much for an item. You may want to check comparison shop before you buy.
7. Look for websites that have a secure way of paying and show a padlock at the bottom of the screen when you are filling in the payment details.
Don’t forget to check your transaction to the bank.
8. Deliver goods by hands and test the products before pay. Use retailers and services you know about or ones that have been personally recommended to you.
9. Check whether the company has a privacy statement that tells you what it will do with your personal information.